20 June 2011

Half by Oswaldo Montenegro

May the strength of this fear that I have not be able to stop me from seeing what I aim for
May the death of everything I believe in not be able cover my ears and my mouth
Because half of me is what I scream
But the other half is the words I don't say.

May the music I hear from far away be always beautiful - despite the sadness
May the woman I love be always loved - despite the distance
Because half of me is departure
But the other half is yearning.

May the words I speak not be heard as prayers nor repeated with fervour - only respected
Like the only thing that is left for a man sank in feelings
Because half of me is what I hear
But the other half is silence.

May this will of leaving this planet be transformed into the quiet and peace that I deserve
May this tension that eats me inside be rewarded one day
Because half of me is what I think
But the other half is a vulcano.

May this fear of loneliness disappear, so living with myself will become bearable at least.
May this mirror be able to reflect a sweet smile in my face
The same smile I remember seeing in my childhood
Because half of me is the rest of what I used to be
The other half I don't know.

I hope nothing more than a simple moment of joy will be enough
 to calm down my spirit
May your silence speak to me more and more ...
Because half of me is shelter
But the other half is weariness.

May art be able to point us to an answer
Even if it doesn't know what the answer is
May no one be able to twist it,  simplicity is necessary to make it bloom
Because half of me is audience
The other half is song.

May my madness be forgiven
Because half of me is love, and so is the other half.

“I am Half­sick of Shadows,” said the Lady of Shalott by
John William Waterhouse (1849-1917)

No comments: