06 April 2011

Metamorphosis ...

"It may seem paradoxical to say that we have been expelled from the present, but it is a feeling we have all had at some moment. Some of us experienced it first as a condemnation, later transformed into consciousness and action. The search for the present is neither the pursuit of an earthly paradise nor that of a timeless eternity: it is the search for a real reality.
We pursue it in its incessant metamorphoses yet we never manage to trap it. It always escapes: each encounter ends in flight. We embrace it and it disappears immediately: it was just a little air. It is the instant, that bird that is everywhere and nowhere. We want to trap it alive but it flaps its wings and vanishes in the form of a handful of syllables. We are left empty-handed. Then the doors of perception open slightly and the other time appears, the real one we were searching for without knowing it: the present, the presence."

Octavio Paz

I have finally found myself ....metamorphosed ... but still ... myself ... I am ready for the questions that don't have answers. I am ready to continue my journey.




No comments: