29 January 2011

Avenida Paulista ... pure nostalgia

Maybe I am ready to go home. Not sure what's causing this nostalgia. I just feel like I could be back there walking on the streets like used to ... always bit scared, but always hoping for a better day. 
How many times I walked through Avenida Paulista ... the only place I felt safe ... 
How many dreams I had, how many moments, how many people I met! Everything was so new and so promising. I was just another girl ... but I felt so special. 
Every time I remember those times I have this thing that squeezes my heart and makes it  feel like a physical pain ... I miss something that I left there, but I don't know what it is. 
I always say I don't want to go back ... but tonight ... all I wanted to do was to have a drink with my friends, laugh and pretend life is not so complicated.
Pretend everything has a good explanation. 
Pretend people are tolerant. 
Pretend that true love forgives anything even when everything seems so confusing and nonsense  ... 
Pretend the world is not so hostile ... 
Pretend we don't need ten years of our lives to understand why certain things happened in the past and why they still happen ...
Pretend people can't hurt you and you can't hurt them ... even though pain is sometimes necessary. 
Pretend we will always have a happy ending.

... somebody please wake me ... I think I am dreaming ...




Paulista Avenue (Avenida Paulista in Portuguese) is one of the most important avenues in São Paulo, Brazil. The 2.8 kilometre thoroughfare is notable for headquartering a large number of financial and cultural institutions, as well as being home to an extensive shopping area and to Latin America's most comprehensive fine-art museum, MASP. Since the 1960s, the avenue has been identified as one of the main business centers in the city. Being one of the highest points in São Paulo, it is distinctively clustered with radio and TV stations antennae. The road is served by a subway line and many major bus routes. The avenue, which was inaugurated in December 1891, is generally regarded as the most expensive real estate anywhere in Latin America.



Talking to myself - Electribe

6 comments:

Marte said...

Were you in São Paulo? for how long? Hope you had a good time here.

Miky said...

I lived in São Paulo for 5 years ... some of them sad ... some very happy :)

Marte said...

really? why sad? what happened?
The very happy side I can understand, I had been living here for 17 years, then moved to Ireland. And now, I just got back from Dublin.. spent one awesome year there! :)

Miky said...

I found love ... lost love ... had the most amazing friends, was robbed at least 3 times. Today - just pure nostalgia ;)

Marte said...

Hello Miky!

wow, You had a lot of extreme and opposite feelings. I guess it is normal when you are abroad for so long time, isn't it?
I am sorry about being robbed here. Unfortunately, it happens :(

Why did you decide to come to São Paulo? :) Usually the destiny is Rio. Are you thinking to come another time in the future? I would like to know more about your experience here, if you don't mind. Also, if you prefer to chat by email, I will send my one in another comment.

Marte said...

angeleli10@hotmail.com