11 July 2010

Brendan Perry (Dead Can Dance) - The Captive Heart




The old clock is ticking now 
Marks the space between us 
Your memory enshrouds my heart 
For I am held a captive 

Sometimes my soul desires 
To take leave of this old world 
To spread these golden wings and fly 
To the city of angels 

But then if I close my eyes 
I can see you standing there 
Your face in permanence smiles 
Your lips a chalice 

Seems like I've loved you all my life 
Never thought I'd find you 
One day the muse may lend these words wings 
So I can touch you 

But hey! 
Don't worry if the feelings not strong for you 
I have lived my life in accordance 
To the windfalls of passion 
Though I know what it means 
To be loved and then forgotten 

I have seen too many men 
Driven insane by their distractions



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




“Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.”



No comments: