30 July 2011

The Blood Of Kingu by Therion

Kingu, also spelled Qingu, meaning "unskilled laborer", was a god in the Babylonian mythology. After the murder of his father Apsu — the consort of the goddess Tiamat, his  mother,  wanted to establish Kingu as ruler and leader of all gods before she was killed by Marduk. Tiamat gave Kingu the three Tablets of Destiny, he wore them as a breastplate, which gave him great power and put him in charge of Tiamat's army. Eventually, he was killed by Marduk. To prevent his rise, Kingu's blood was used to create mankind. Kingu's pivotal role in the creation myth is described in Enûma Elish (The Mesopotamian/Babylonian Creation Myth). 



"I dreamed I spoke in another's language,
I dreamed I lived in another's skin,
I dreamed I was my own beloved,
I dreamed I was a tiger's kin.


I dreamed that Eden lived inside me,
And when I breathed a garden came,
I dreamed I knew all of Creation,
I dreamed I knew the Creator's name.


I dreamed--and this dream was the finest--
That all I dreamed was real and true,
And we would live in joy forever,
You in me, and me in you."


Clive Barker

No comments: